Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Biochemical Processes-Week 1

 This week or past few weeks I have learned about the biochemical processes. The four main processes are carbohydrates, proteins, lipids, and nucleic acids. Carbohydrates are biological molecules made up of  carbon, hydrogen, and oxygen. Carbohydrates are composed of sugars, starch, cellulose, and glucose. A phrase in which ends in ose will always be a sugar or carbohydrate. Proteins are large organic molecules composed of carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, nitrogen, and sometimes sulfur. Animals can also use amino acids to build more proteins. Lipids are organic molecules composed of hydrogen, carbon, and oxygen. Lipids have more carbon-hydrogen bonds and fewer oxygen atoms than carbohydrates. Last but not least I learned that nucleic acids are large, complex molecules made up of smaller molecules composed of carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, and phosphorus. Nucleic acids are not a source of energy however they are still essential to life. This is the information in which I have learned the past week and half.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enzymes lab

Enzymes lab